ZIPES, Douglas P. o LIBBY, Peter o BONOW, Robert O. o BRAUNWALD, Eugene
ISBN 9780808923053 ou ISBN 0808923056
o Presents 35 new chapters that cover some of the hottest topics in the field, including end of life issues - the genetic basis of cardiovascular disease - obesity and diabetes - cardiac regeneration - sleep apnea - and more.
o Offers meticulous revisions and updates of all other chapters.
o Features a bold new full-color design, with over 2,500 illustrations of breathtaking clarity.
o Also available as a stand-alone web site and as a single or 2 volume set edition.
With 35 new chapters as well as comprehensive updates throughout, the New Edition of the cardiology masterwork represents the most complete revision to date. Hundreds of world authorities synthesize all of the developments that are revolutionizing practice-from the newest findings in molecular biology and genetics to the latest imaging modalities, interventional procedures, and medications. Plus, it now features an exciting full-color layout with many new illustrations, a brand-new section on preventive cardiology, 20 new contributors, and a wealth of e-dition options to meet any reference need.
ZIPES, Douglas P., MD, MACC
Distinguished Professor of Medicine, Pharmacology, and Toxicology; Director, Division of Cardiology and the Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
LIBBY, Peter, MD
Mallinckrodt Professor, Harvard Medical School and Chief, Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA
BONOW, Robert O., MD
Goldberg Distinguished Professor of Cardiology, Northwestern University Feinberg Shool of Medicine; Chief, Division of Cardiology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
BRAUNWALD, Eugene, MD, MD (hon), ScD (hon), FRCP
Distinguished Hersey Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Chairman, TIMI Study Group, Brigham and Women' Hospital, Boston, MA
Table of Contents
Part I. General Considerations of Cardiovascular Disease
- Global Burden of Cardiovascular Disease - Economics and Cardiovascular Disease - Clinical Decision Making in Cardiology NEW! - Measurement and Improvement of Quality in Heart Disease NEW! - General Principles of Drug Treatment NEW! - End of Life NEW!
Part II. Examination of the Patient
- The History - Physical Examination of the Heart and Circulation - Electrocardiography - Guidelines Exercise Stress Testing - Guidelines Echocardiography - Guidelines Radiology of the Heart and Great Vessels NEW!Nuclear Cardiology NEW! - Guidelines Newer Cardiac Imaging: MRI NEW! Newer Cardiac Imaging: CT NEW! Relative Merits of Cardiac Diagnostic Techniques Cardiac Catheterization Coronary Angiography and Intravascular Ultrasoubnd Imaging
Part III. Heart Failure
- Mechanisms of Cardiac Contraction and Relaxation - Assessment of Normal and Abnormal Cardiac Function NEW! - Pathophysiology of Heart Failure - Clinical Aspects of Heart Failure: High-Output Failure; Pulmonary Edema - Treatment of Heart Failure: Pharmacological Methods - Management of Heart Failure - Guidelines Treatment of Heart Failure: Assisted Circulation NEW! Heart and Heart-Lung Transplantation NEW!
Part IV. Arrhythmias, Sudden Death and Syncope
- Genesis of Cardiac Arrhythmias: Electrophysiological Considerations - Genetics of Cardiac Arrhythmia NEW! - Diagnosis of Cardiac Arrhythmia Management of Patient with Arrhythmias - Guidelines Cardiac Pacemakers and Devices - Guidelines Specific Arrhythmias Cardiac Arrest and Sudden Death Arrhythmias and Syncope
Part V. Preventive Cardiology
- Vascular Biology of Atherogenesis - Risk Factors for Atherosclerotic Disease - Systemic Hypertension: Mechanisms and Diagnosis - Systemic Hypertension: Treatment of Hypertension - Guidelines Diagnosis and Treatment of Lipid Disorders Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome NEW! Obesity, Diet and Nutrition NEW! Primary and Secondary Prevention of CHD Rehabilitation NEW!
Part VI. Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Blood Flow and Myocardial Ischemia NEW! - Approach to the Patient with Chest Pain NEW! - Acute Myocardial Infarction: Pathology, Pathophysiology and Clinical Features - Acute Myocardial Infarction: Management - Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in the Management of Acute Myocardial Infarction NEW! - Guidelines Unstable Angina - Guidelines Chronic Coronary Artery Disease NEW! - Guidelines Diabetes and Heart Disease NEW! Percutaneous Coronary and Valvular Intervention - Guidelines Diseases of the Aorta Peripheral Arterial Diseases Extracardiac Vascular Interventions NEW!
Part VII. Disease of the Heart, Pericardium, and Pulmonary Vascular Bed
- Congenital Heart Disease in Children and Adults NEW! - Valvular Heart Disease - Guidelines Infective Endocarditis - Guidelines Cardiomyopathies Myocarditis NEW! Cardiovascular Abnormalities in HIV-Infected Individuals Toxins and the Heart NEW! Primary Tumors of the Heart Pericardial Diseases NEW! Traumatic Heart Disease Pulmonary Embolism Pulmonary Hypertension and Cor Pulmonale Sleep Disorders and Heart Disease NEW!
Part VIII. Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Principles of Cardiovascular Molecular Biology and Genetics NEW! - Cardiac Regeneration NEW!
Part IX. Cardiovascular Disease in Special Populations
- Cardiovascular Diseases in the Elderly NEW! - Heart Disease in Women NEW! - Pregnancy and Cardiovascular Disease - Guidelines Cardiovascular Disease in Athletes Medical Management of the Patient Undergoing Cardiac Surgery General Anesthesia and Noncardiac Surgery in Patients with Heart Disease NEW! - Guidelines Heart Disease in Varied Populations NEW!
Part X. Cardiovascular Disease and Disorders of Other Organ systems
- The Heart in Endocrine Disorders NEW! - Hemostasis, Thrombosis, Fibrinolysis, and Cardiovascular Disease - Rheumatic Fever - Rheumatic Diseases and the Cardiovascular System - Oncological Disorders and Cardiovascular Disease NEW! - Psychiatric and Behavioral Aspects of Cardiovascular Disease - Neurological Disorders and Cardiovascular Disease - Renal Disorders and Cardiovascular Diseases - Autonomic Dysfunction NEW!
|Produto sob encomenda||Sim|
|Ano da edição||9/11/2004|
|Número de Páginas||2288|