- Learn teaching methods that focus on each child's motor, cognitive, and affective development
- Use the accompanying CD-ROM to bring concepts to life with ready-to-use lessons, worksheets, and assessments
- Learn to teach fundamental movement skills through developmental games, dance, and gymnastics
- Learn how to apply the full spectrum of teaching styles used by highly effective teachers
This easy-to-use text and CD-ROM package prepares future teachers to teach physical education using a student-focused, developmentally appropriate approach. Students will learn how to use developmental games, dance, and gymnastics to teach fundamental movement skills and concepts that center on what's individually appropriate for each student according to motor, cognitive, and affective development.
Developmental Physical Education for All Children, Fourth Edition, has been thoroughly updated and revised by world-renowned authors David L. Gallahue and Frances Cleland Donnelly. The textbook provides both the sound philosophical foundation and the tools required to build and improve solid programs that benefit all students. Parts I, II, and III (“The Learner,” “The Teacher,” “The Developmental Program”) present background information that is essential for successful teaching. Parts IV, V, and VI (“The Skill Themes,” “The Content Areas,” “The Program Strands”) focus on developmental movement experiences for preschool and elementary school children.
The CD-ROM accompanying the text is packed with lesson plans, assessment sheets, and worksheets that are ready to use and teacher-tested. Forget about purchasing a separate lesson book all the practical tools future teachers need for teaching specific developmental physical education lessons are included here!
Student-friendly textbook features:
- Reality Checks real-life situations and challenging discussion questions
- Teaching tips that not only make sense but also are teacher-proven to work
- Terms to remember within each chapter and a corresponding glossary
- Key concepts, chapter objectives, and chapter summaries in every chapter
- List of additional reading, including Web resources, for every chapter
- Reader-friendly visual presentation and graphics
Developmental Physical Education for All Children, Fourth Edition is the new textbook of choice for instructors who want to prepare knowledgeable, caring, and highly effective physical education specialists.
|Produto sob encomenda||Sim|
|Número da edição||4|
|Ano da edição||2008/04/30|
|Autor||Donnelly,Frances Cleland; Gallahue,David L.|