In 'Five Minds for the Future,' bestselling author Howard Gardner shows how we will each need to master 'five minds' that the fast-paced future will demand:
- The disciplined mind, to learn at least one profession, as well as the major thinking (science, math, history, etc.) behind it
- The synthesizing mind, to organize the massive amounts of information and communicate effectively to others
- The creating mind, to revel in unasked questions - and uncover new phenomena and insightful apt answers
- The respectful mind, to appreciate the differences between human beings - and understand and work with all persons
- The ethical mind, to fulfill one's responsibilities as both a worker and a citizen
Without these 'minds,' we risk being overwhelmed by information, unable to succeed in the workplace, and incapable of the judgment needed to thrive both personally and professionally.
Complete with a substantial new introduction, 'Five Minds for the Future' provides valuable tools for those looking ahead to the next generation of leaders - and for all of us striving to excel in a complex world.
Howard Gardner--cited by Foreign Policy magazine as one of the one hundred most influential public intellectuals in the world, and a MacArthur Fellowship recipient--is the Hobbs Professor of Cognition and Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
|Produto sob encomenda||Sim|
|Marca||Harvard Business Review Press|
|Ano da edição||2009|
|Número de Páginas||196|