Now divided into five clear sections the book investigates the unique, complex and difficult problems that are posed by geographic information and together they build into a holistic understanding of the key principles of GIS.
This is the most current, authoritative and comprehensive treatment of the field, that goes from fundamental principles to the big picture of:
• GIS and the New World Order;
• Security, health and well-being;
• Digital differentiation in GIS consumption;
• The core organizing role of GIS in Geography;
• The greening of GIS;
• Grand challenges of GIScience;
• Science and explanation.
• Four-colour throughout.
• Associated website with free online resources.
• Teacher’s manual available for lecturers.
• A complete learning resource, with accompanying instructor links, free online lab resources and personal syllabi.
• Includes learning objectives and review boxes throughout each chapte.
New in this edition:
• Completely revised with a new five part structure: Foundations; Principles; Techniques; Analysis; Management and Policy;
• All new personality boxes of current GIS practitioners;
• New chapters on Distributed GIS, Map Production, Geovisualization, Modeling, and Managing GIS.
|Produto sob encomenda||Sim|
|Marca||John Wiley & Sons|
|Número da edição||3|
|Ano da edição||2010|
|País de Origem||Estados Unidos|
|Número de Páginas||560|
|Autor||Longley,Paul A.; Maguire,David J.; Goodchild ,Mike|