Drawing on a variety of original buildings and examples from around the world that reflect a wide spectrum of materials, styles, contexts and influences, some sixty projects provide a rich source of ideas and information. The book is organized into five chapters, each of which features two or three case studies that look at projects in detail through extensive photographs and plans.
Packed with practical tips and points of consideration, House Plus makes accessible and takes the fear out of what will for many people be their first new build.
• ‘Above’ presents attic and loft conversions, showing how to work within rooflines, sightlines and idiosyncratic spaces
• ‘Below’ deals with basement and semi-subterranean levels, revealing how to make the best of restricted space and limited natural light
• ‘Beside’ examines side and lateral extensions, considering smaller, transitional spaces that improve the flow of older or vertical floor layouts or admit more light into a dark house
• ‘Behind’ looks at back extensions and conservatories, and suggests how to improve links to the garden, bring the outdoors in or add new architectural statements
• ‘Around’ combines aspects of the above four sections
|Produto sob encomenda||Sim|
|Marca||Thames & Hudson-id|
|Ano da edição||2005/10/31|
|Número de Páginas||272|