- Mechanical property coverage The Sixth Edition maintains its extensive, introductory level coverage of mechanical properties and failure--the most important materials considerations for many engineers. For examples see chapters 6, 7, & 8.
- A picture is worth 1000 words! The Sixth Edition judiciously and extensively makes use of illustrations and photographs. The approximate 500 figures include a large number of photographs that show the microstructure of various materials (e.g., Figures 9.12, 10.8, 13.12, 14.15 and 16.5).
- Current and up-to-date Students are presented with the latest developments in Material Science and Engineering. Such up-to-date content includes advanced ceramic and polymeric materials, composites, high-energy hard magnetic materials, and optical fibers in communications. For examples see sections 13.7, 15.19, 16.8, 20.9, and 21.14.
- Why study? These sections at the beginning of each chapter provide the student with reasons why it is important to learn the material covered in the chapter.
- Learning objectives A brief list of learning objectives for each chapter states the key learning concepts for the chapter.
- Resources to facilitate the materials selection process. Appendix B, which contains 11 properties for a set of approximately 100 materials, is included which be used in materials selection problems. An additional resource, Appendix C, contains the prices for all materials listed in Appendix B.
- The text is packaged with a CD-ROM that contains 1) interactive software modules to enhance visualization of three-dimensional objects, 2) additional coverage of select topics, and 3) complete solutions to selected problems from the text in order to assist students in mastering problem-solving.
|Produto sob encomenda||Sim|
|Marca||John Wiley & Sons|
|Ano da edição||Aug-02|
|Número de Páginas||820|
|Autor||Callister Jr.,William D.|