• The kit consists of Darling's basic Molecular Vision kit with a few additional pieces, so that p orbitals could be shown in molecules like acetylene.
• This customized kit also has pieces that allow linear geometry for the sigma bonds of alkynes while also having orthogonal connections at each atom for the associated p orbitals.
• By attaching balls of the right colors it is possible to show the lobes of the p orbitals that make up the pi bonds in an alkyne.
• Ball colors can be matched symmetrically to show in-phase orbital overlap, or antisymmetrically to show an antibonding state.
• Use of colored balls with the appropriate framework geometry is a very nice feature of the Darling model set.
• Pieces from Darling's inorganic model set and are used for octahedral geometry.
|Produto sob encomenda||Sim|
|Marca||John Wiley & Sons|
|Ano da edição||1999/07/01|