Written by expert, leading Ubuntu community members, this book covers all you need to know to make the most of Ubuntu 11.04, whether you’re a home user, small business user, server administrator, programmer, or novice. The authors explain Ubuntu 11.04 from start to finish: installation, configuration, desktop productivity, games, management, support, and much more. Among the many topics covered in this edition: Ubuntu One cloud storage, Ubuntu Server, and the groundbreaking Unity desktop.
This complete guide also covers standard desktop applications, from word processing, spreadsheets, Web browsing, e-mail, instant messaging, music, video, and games to software development, databases, and server applications. In addition, you will
* Learn how to customize Ubuntu for home, small business, school, government, and enterprise environments
* Learn how to quickly update Ubuntu to new release versions with upgraded applications
* Find up-to-the-minute troubleshooting advice from Ubuntu users worldwide from forums and other means to get the help you need quickly
* Learn Ubuntu Server installation and administration, including LVM and RAID implementation
* Learn how to use Ubuntu One to buy legal music from your favorite artists and how to use cloud storage to back up or share your important files
* Learn how you can be a part of the community that creates Ubuntu
The DVD includes the complete Ubuntu Linux operating system for installation on PC platforms. The disk is preconfigured with an outstanding desktop environment for both home and business computing. It can be used to install other complete variants of Ubuntu, including Kubuntu (with the KDE environment), and Ubuntu Server.
|Produto sob encomenda||Sim|
|Ano da edição||2011|
|Número de Páginas||432|